GUY NEEDS CLEANING ADVICE: What's the best way to clean laminate floors?

Hello,

I've recently installed Laminate Flooring, and want to know the best way to clean my floors without damaging them. I was thinking of just using a regular mop and water, but have heard that excess water on the laminate floors might destroy them. I've had stains on the floors in the past and have had to use "elbow grease"...what a pain...I was thinking a steam mop might be quicker and easier for this sort of chore. Here's a steamer I've found on the internet...any good?:

SteamFast SF-275 SteamMax Steam Cleaner

I've heard a lot about the Swiffer Systems, but am not sure if they would be as effective as the steam mop. For example, is this one more gimmick than performer?:

Swiffer Wet Jet All-In-One Power Mop Starter Kit

Someone recommended the Bissell Flip-Ease, but I don't really know if it's more package than substance?

Bissell Flip-Ease All-In-One

Maybe just a regular mop would be best if I was careful? Soooo many choices...as you can tell, I'm confused. I'm a guy so I'd rather be watching football than clean floors, so the quickest, easiest, and most efficient method would be the best for me.

Does anyone have any great advice on the best (and quickest) way to clean laminate floors?

Thanks Soooo Much....

Reply to
samadams_2006

The best way to clean laminate floors is according to the manufacturer's recommendations. I have no idea if your floor is wood or vinyl; nor do I know what kind of finish is applied. I recommend a

30-second daily sweeping with a light-weight broom and dust pan which will remove grit, sand and loose dirt. Water, and especially steam, can make wood swell.

Reply to
Phisherman