Gum? stuck in my dryer...how to remove?

I must have accidentally washed some jeans that had gum in its pockets, as I found a sticky gum-like substance smeared all over the inside of my dryer. What would the best product be to remove the sticky gum residue? Help! Thanks in advance for answers! Cindy :)

Reply to
Marshmallow

What a mess! First unplug the dryer and get a trouble light and a fan. Apply an ice cube to the gum and scrap off what you can using a putty knife. Next you'll be using a petroleum-based product. I suggest Goof Off!. Dampen a terry cloth rag (an old wash cloth will do) with the product and rub the area clean. Be extra careful not to spill any product inside the dryer. Use the fan to move the air so you don't get asphyxiated. After you're done, move the fan to the opening of the dryer and run the fan for an hour. Leave the dryer door open for 24 hours, then run the dryer on a no-heat setting for 10 minutes. You don't want to risk an explosion!

Reply to
Phisherman