Gum Removal

Daughter-unit Beta stepped in it but good. With her fresh-from-the-box Geox. <sigh>
The blob, now a fruity-scented, gravel-encrusted, twig-ensnared, ground-into-each sole-crag oval, has solidified as if it was baked in a kiln overnight. I am concerned using a dissolvent, like the blue-and-yellow can lighter fluid will also take a part of her shoe's sole. Does anyone have some other suggestions?
Many thanks.
The Ranger
Goo Gone should do the trick, but it's oily, so I'd be careful with fibers like clothes and carpet. Shoes should be ok.
: Daughter-unit Beta stepped in it but good. With her fresh-from-the-box : Geox. <sigh> : : The blob, now a fruity-scented, gravel-encrusted, twig-ensnared, : ground-into-each sole-crag oval, has solidified as if it was baked in a : kiln overnight. I am concerned using a dissolvent, like the : blue-and-yellow can lighter fluid will also take a part of her shoe's : sole. Does anyone have some other suggestions? : : Many thanks. : : The Ranger : :
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:56:26 -0700, "The Ranger"

Place (in a bag) into the freezer for 3+ hours, then peel most of it off. Then I'd use kerosene, being careful not to get it near the sole's glue line.
WD-40
The Ranger wrote:

Buy cheaper shoes

Is she old enough to play with black powder?

I suggest you ignore those other fools and use vaseline. It dissolves gum, won't harm shoes, washes off easily, and leaves no odor.

Last night I watched "The Best Ranger" on the Discovery Channel. Did you compete this year?
--
Barbecue Bob Serving family-style roast bunny
at fine restaurants