Getting rid of smelly feet odor

How I hate this custom of taking off shoes indoors!
3 weeks ago we had a visitor whose feet were damp and smelly, 8 on scale of 10.
Even now the carpet areas that he had stood or walked on still give odor that makes me sick.
I really do not have the energy to shampoo the whole house, I'm looking for a way to spot clean without shampoo.
Thanks.

I'd try something like Nature's Miracle or anothe enzyme-based carpet cleaner. Of course, you might start by spraying white vinegar on the affected areas and waiting about 24 hours before you go the enzyme route.
montana wildhack wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I've never tried anything with vinegar...should it be diluted before use?
:montana wildhack wrote:
:> :>> How I hate this custom of taking off shoes indoors!:>> :>> 3 weeks ago we had a visitor whose feet were damp and smelly, 8 on :>> scale of 10.:>> :>> Even now the carpet areas that he had stood or walked on still give :>> odor that makes me sick.:>> :>> I really do not have the energy to shampoo the whole house, I'm :>> looking for a way to spot clean without shampoo.:>> :>> Thanks. :> :> :> I'd try something like Nature's Miracle or anothe enzyme-based carpet :> cleaner. Of course, you might start by spraying white vinegar on the :> affected areas and waiting about 24 hours before you go the enzyme route. :> : :Thanks for the tip. I've never tried anything with vinegar...should it :be diluted before use?
A couple of months ago I had something worse than smelly feet permeate my carpet. I used diluted vinegar...can't remember the dilution but a google search should reveal it. Once dry, I sprayed the heavy duty Febreze (for carpet and upholstery...not the room spray) over the area, lightly, for several days in a row. It worked! I was shocked!
Aloha...Sue
Sue Larkin wrote:

Sue, you're the bearer of good news indeed!!