Getting housework done?

What's the best way to get housework done without killing yourself? I saw a physical therapy video that showed a guy dusting while stretching and strengthening. A lot of it was pretty obvious stuff - lift with your legs, etc but some of it I have been using. For example, when pulling open a door or pushing a vacuum, you don't just use your arm, you start your body moving in the right direction and then build on that momentum by pulling/pushing with your arm. It really works, so I was wondering if there are any other tips out there? TIA Leslie

I hope my place never gets so dirty as to put me at risk while cleaning!
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:28:02 GMT, Leslie

I keep a schedule. Usually vacuum twice a week and use the crevice attachment once a month to get into where the carpet meets the baseboard. I also use the crevice attachment on the window sills, wall corners, bathrooms, thresholds, etc. I neither try to get it done quickly, nor do I take a rest. A vacuuming "session" can last 20 to 40 minutes for a 3000 sq-foot home.
I've found the best way is to hire someone to come and clean for us. Cheaper than we had expected and saves a lot of hassle for us. After reading your email I can justify it further by saying that it saves us from injuries too!

Using momentum is great for any type of movement. I lead with my body when opening or closing the garage door. I've been considering getting an automatic opener, mostly because I'm afraid the kids will get hit by the door falling closed. I'm also considering saying the hell with vacuuming and getting a robot roomba vac, but that's due to me really hating vacuuming and really hating asking someone else to do it.