getting dried liquid Tide off of my laundry appliances

Any ideas on what will remove dried-on liquid Tide from the top of my washer and dryer? I have a 15-yr. old son who does his own laundry, and unfortunately, he is very messy sometimes.... I've tried about everything I can think of to get the dried detergent off, and nothing seems to work. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks
On 31 Jul 2006 15:28:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Have you tried rubbing alcohol?
Nan
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote in news:1154384901.134778.106980@ 75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

i would put some water on it... let it sit for a while (to reconsistute). then wipe up. maybe the water might loosen it enough to scrape up with a plastic putty knife.
if THAT doesn't work... GOOP. ;)
--
Debbie Keith
2002 Daytona
On 31 Jul 2006 15:28:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Place a hot steamy towel over the area, wait a half hour, and wipe clean. Good to hear a 15-year old is doing his own laundry.

it's a beautiful thing. i should've said so in my response, as well. :)
my 13 year-old has been doing his laundry for 2 years.
i started making him do his laundry as SOON as i saw aptitude. he has a daily list of things to do and his allowance is based on the completion of the list.
i was raised by the "kids are to be seen and not heard" generation. we are the product of that and have become the "let's get in touch with our feelings and i want HAPPY kids not healthy kids" parents.
this is just a theory. as a neurotic mother with OCD i have plenty of time ot explore my theories. ;)
my generation is creating a generation with some wicked entitlement issues. wow.
not only do i want my kids to learn that they have to do for themselves... i don't want them to NOT be able to do for themselves. i'd also appreciate if they weren't bogged down by the gender-defined-role. i want capable boys and a strong girl. my oldest (boy) can cook and i'll save my motorcycle for my youngest (girl).
(my son DOES think i wash my hands too much!) ;)
(steamy towel, good idea. if it doesn't work, get some Goop!)
--
Debbie Keith
2002 Daytona