gasoline spilled on unfinished wood floor

We are in the process of finishing a cabin we purchased. Unfortunately the pine wood flooring is already installed. Since we are WAY down a private road (two track) we do not have electric yet. So while working there we are using a generator. We have done well placing plastic under it when we take it in from outside to store while we aren't there. But we recently had a roof and siding put on and the builder who did the work spilled gasoline from it on the unfinished pine flooring. And he walked in it. So I have several large spots in the bedroom and foot prints in the living room. Our plan is to eventually put a clear finish on it. Is there anything that will remove the gas stains on the bare wood?

Thank you.

Reply to
Autumn

"Autumn" wrote

== The builder who put them there?

Reply to
Gini

Get a few pieces of wood flooring and stain it with the gasoline. Then you can try a few solvents or finishes to determine which one (if any) will remove/cover the stain. Try mineral spirits, turpentine, acetone.

Reply to
Phisherman