gas stove grates

Is there any reason I shouldn't put gas stove grates in the dishwasher? I am talking about the things the pots rest on.
thanks

I run the stove grates in my dishwasher. Promptly remove them after the washing to allow them to avoid rust.

am
You can put them in the dishwasher, but I find it doesn't really help. Mine are gray and have a rough texture so they are a pain to keep clean. The only thing that really gets them back to like-new condition is oven cleaner. If you have a restaurant style oven with raw cast iron grates, you can run them though the self-clean cycle in the oven.