fried bacon troubles.

Page 9 of 9

Microwave it between paper towels and on a plate. Frying is better, but microwaving cuts down on the smoke and smell.
ghbt wrote:

This my sound crazy, but my sister says it works. Try toasting some marshmallows over the kitchen range. She told me that they found it out when her husband experimented with marshmallows in the microwave and burned them. It killed the smell they had lingering from when they had a skunk under the house.
Bill Gill
ghbt wrote:

Why crispy? Crispoid or crispish might be more to his taste. For my part, I prefer it really crisp, rather than approximately so. (I know it's a losing battle.)

Bacon cooked in a microwave oven can be made just as crisp as bacon cooked in a pan, with less odor and easier clean-up. Wrap the slices in paper towel, at least two layers below and one over, but more might reduce the odor in the kitchen.

When did you last replace the charcoal filter?

You're welcome.
Jerry

This thread certainly displays a lot of imagination, but I'm surprised no one has noted that all these measures are really much more needed over in the Scrapple thread. Talk about stinky!
-aem
I found a product called "OUST",which is an odor neutralizer (not a scented cover-up). It's located in the stores along with the other spray deodorizers. It also works wonders with cigarette odors. I use it after my smoking friends leave,and "POOF" odors gone.
In alt.home.cleaning on Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:56:57 GMT "ghbt"

Perhaps you could get your son an apprenticeship.
He could be a wheelwright or if he's going to be big, an ironsmith..

ghbt wrote:

When did you last change the charcoal filter? Their ability to absorb is finite.
Jerry

Jerry Avins wrote:

Coming in late on this thread and don't have the head end:
If not already mentioned, microwave it. Cooks in less time and that helps "minimize" the odor. You can get it crisp as you want.
jim