fried bacon troubles.

Page 5 of 9

Cool!
How does he get the camel past the rabbis?
Camels have toes I hear, not hooves.
Joel
Come to think of it, isn't there a website devoted to cattle hooves .......? WAIT A MINUTE ........

Joel M. Eichen wrote:

To be Kosher, a mammal has to have cloven hooves. That excludes horses. As far as I know, camels have two toes on the ground, i.e., cloven hooves. Anyway, not all the meat in the shops is /both/ halal and kosher.
Jerry

Is there a difference between a toe and a hoof?
If not I know quite a few "hoofers."

Joel M. Eichen wrote:

A hoof is actually the toenail.
Jerry

OK, so the camel toe is not Kosher ...... I guess!
Joel M. Eichen wrote:

I don't know why it's tref. It chews the cud.
jerry

Okay not you got me thinking ...... what exactly is the definition of a hoof? Not a scientific definition, a religious definition.
Joel
Joel M. Eichen wrote:

I don't know. I never took much interest in religious details. I'll ask my brother-in-law. He's a rabbi.
Jerry

----------------------
I don't think a camel would be kosher because of the split hoof/toes... but that's my take on things. Just off the top of my head - aren't all hooves either a single or two piece... unit (?); whereas feet and paws have toes...?
shrug
Cyndi
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:48:30 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"

That's what I think too. Besides, I heard of pastrami sandwich, lean corned beef, Reuben, but I never heard of pickled camel sandwich.
Joel

Yup, he probably knows ........ let's hope he tells you.
:>Joel M. Eichen wrote::>> Okay not you got me thinking ...... what exactly is the definition of :>> a hoof? Not a scientific definition, a religious definition.:>I don't know. I never took much interest in religious details. I'll ask :>my brother-in-law. He's a rabbi.
Because the Bible says so. Leviticus 11:4.
--
Binyamin Dissen < snipped-for-privacy@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

It says camels are not Kosher?
:>On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:58:56 +0200, Binyamin Dissen
:>>:>my brother-in-law. He's a rabbi.:>>Because the Bible says so. Leviticus 11:4.:>It says camels are not Kosher?
Yes. Take a look.
--
Binyamin Dissen < snipped-for-privacy@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:10:32 +0200, Binyamin Dissen

Will do!
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:10:32 +0200, Binyamin Dissen

WoW!
It says, "Don't be eatin' no camel, Dude!"
***
Leviticus 11:4
4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:30:18 -0500, Joel M. Eichen

Divideth not the hoof is a little hazy. Does the camel divideth not the hoof because the hoof is undivided or does he divideth not the hoof because he ain't got one! This means he's got paws.
Either way, I know ..... It won't be appearing on the Glatt Kosher list any time soon.
Joel

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:48:55 -0500, Joel M. Eichen

R E P L Y
And there is no point in looking at the other menu at Ratner's either ... it ain't on the menu!
Joel

Joel M. Eichen wrote:

well it can't get any clearer than that, can it. Don't eat the camels guys LOL!
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:30:14 -0600, Amber Gibson

Not even camel toes?