fried bacon troubles.

Page 1 of 9

Hi, we live in a small flat with open plan kitchen joining with the living room. Our son is very fond of 'fried' bacon which he likes fried up so that it's very crispy.
Consequently he really stinks the flat up, and the smell lasts for ages ! Any suggestions please; as to how to either get rid of the smell once there or prevent it being too bad when he fries the bacon in the first place.
I know an extractor fan leading to the outside would be the answer, but i dont need the expense at the moment. We have a simple fan in the cooker hood which simply draws the air through some charcoal and a filter and then puts it back into the room, so i dont believe it is really of benefit.
grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

buy pre-cooked bacon
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:12:56 -0800, Robert Morien

Robert, there is no pre-cooked bacon.
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:36:45 -0500, Joel M. Eichen

Sure there is...
http://www.patrickcudahy.com/products-pgs/foodservice-4.html
Nan

Sh-h-h-h-h-h- I am fooling Robert .......

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:47:50 -0500, Joel M. Eichen

Okay, I'm lost ;-)
Nan
scribbled:

No... in otherwords, you made a statement on which you know nothing about and was proved wrong. Just be a man and admit when you are wrong. Believe it or not, we all are wrong from time to time...

Of course I know nothing about bacon ....... that's the funny part.
Another idea for the parents who are gettin' tired of the smell of bacon is to get their son to convert to Judaism.
Joel

Joels "never" wrong, just loud and persistent
C. Massey wrote:

OH MY GODD!!! Say it ain't so, Joe!! Scrooge

Here ya go Robert ,,,,,,, just serve so0mething else to the rabbi .....
http://www.patrickcudahy.com/jpgs/product-pics/bacon-fruit.jpg

hormel has pre-cooked, and I think farmland does also.
warm it in the micro wave

-- wrote:

I've tried two different brands (name brands, but I can't remember what they were) and both were excellent. The price may be not much worse than regular bacon if you have no use for the leftover bacon grease and the convenience is extreme.
--
Cheers, Bev

No, that's bacon that is already cooked when you buy it - pre-cooked bacon is raw.

I suppose the bacon on the back of the pig is also pre-cooked.

There is no bacon on a pig
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:05:42 -0800, Robert Morien

That's right .. I forgot. Bacon comes from buffalo ......
"Joel M. Eichen" wrote:

It comes from Rochester. Canadian bacon is imported from Rochester *through* Buffalo. That seems to be where the misunderstanding arose.
Choreboy
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:41:40 -0500, Choreboy

Rochester?
That would be Arpeco packing ......
Rochester Packing ......

Ok, I'm easy -I'll bite - how is it that your pre-cooked bacon is raw and your pre-cooked bacon is not cooked, and my recommendation for pre-cooked bacon is not pre-cooked? This better be good, or you'll have to put down the bong for the rest of the day. :-)