Fragile tiffany pendant lampshades

Could anyone please advise me on how best to clean large tiffany pendant lampshades. We have not long moved into a new house and there are years of built up sticky grime on them. Both lampshades are really fragile and are suspended on long chains hung from the apex of a chapel ceilinged home. I can reach them easily, but they are difficult to grasp because they keep swinging and are very fragile. I would take them down, but have nothing to rest them on.
Thanks so much! Rhondda

Warm soapy water in a spray bottle. Lay several layers of newspapers underneath them and douse with the solution, letting it drip off. Use clear warm water as a final rinse.
Nan

Stepladder?