fly trap glue removal

You know those fly traps with a coil of sticky stuff that unrolls and hangs to catch flies? One of my pets tangled with one, and I need to remove the goooey stuff somehow?

What is the right solvent to use? Water and isopropyl don't work. TIA

Reply to
John Hines

Baby oil? You'd need to give your pet a bath to get the oil residue out.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I would cut the hair off that is sticky. They'll look funny for a bit but hair grows back.

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

What sort of pet do you have John? A bath may suit some pets using washing up liquid on the sticky bits. I do believe it is used to free sea birds of oil so I'm sure it would be safe on a dog, well rinsed afterwards. If it's a hamster then of course a bath is out of the question, if that IS the case it would be better to shave off any sticky bits imo. Hamsters do not like the cold and may hibernate. might I suggest a small woolly coat until the hair regrows? HTH

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

What pet? Birds and reptiles are very sensitive to chemicals. Probably best to see a vet.

Reply to
Phisherman