Fixing small holes on sofa

I have a sofa that small slits (less than a half inch in length) from the back paws of my cats. What are the options to repair these slits?

Thanks.

Reply to
richardjoseph

I think you could well be in the wrong group for this question, it is after all nothing to do with cleaning, perhaps sewing or repair would be better or possibly a cat group as they must also have the same problems that cat owners, in general have. I believe some countries actually declaw cats to stop the scratching, I find it hard to believe a civilised country would do this but there you go, that is just my opinion. I think the repair of the slits would depend on where they are and the type of fabric. There are sprinkle powders that one puts over a rip then a hot iron melds the edges, it may be possible to use that sort of thing. Best of luck with it anyway dear, failing all else a nice throw will work wonders.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

a nice throw works wonders.

Reply to
Mystified One

On Sun 31 Jul 2005 03:28:23a, Mrs Bonk wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Although it's costly, there is the ages old process of re-weaving. I had this done years ago on a sofa where there were a couple of cigarette burns, and also on the upholstery of a brand new car that suffered a damage. When done properly, it's completely undetectable. To be able to do reweaving, there needs to be a bit of extra fabric. I had them use an arm cover for the fabric on the sofa. On the car I ordered a fabric swatch from the factory.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

It was cats dear, not parrots

Reply to