Easy way to maintain oven clean

How often does one need to clean the oven? Anyone has any good ideas to keep the cleaning process easier? Can one line the bottom of the oven with aluminium foil to catch any spillage?

Thanks, Sue

Reply to
Suanne Wong

Since there are so many different kinds, you should look in the owner's manual how to clean it. Mine is continuous clean, so I don't clean it (just wipe with a damp sponge) unless something boils over or makes a mess. Keep the aluminum foil away from any heating element, wire, or thermostat.

Reply to
Phisherman

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:02:40 GMT, "Suanne Wong" scribbled in red crayon:

Hi Sue, I have a gas range and I use foil on the bottom of the oven to catch spills and bubble overs. Helps very much when cleaning times comes.

~Piper~ Life is simpler when you plow around the stumps.

Reply to
Piper

I use the wide extra heavy duty aluminum foil. Makes oven cleanup easy with just a few minutes of time to line the bottom. Be careful not to block vent holes. I do the same to my toaster oven, taking care not to touch the heating elements or therrmostat. I've never lined the stovetop pans (is it tacky?) as I put these in the dishwasher.

Reply to
Phisherman

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 00:28:46 GMT, Phisherman scribbled in red crayon:

Nothing clean is ever tacky. When I used an electric range I always lined the stove top pans with foil, usually because the gunk that drips in there was cooked on by the time I got to it. One reason I love cooking with gas. (I detest cleaning the oven. Next one will be self cleaning.)

~Piper~ The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

Reply to
Piper