Dishwasher - strage marks

We've just got a new dishwasher, its a high quality machine.
However, we've found dartk marks on plates and cuttelry, which can only be removed with bleach.
We've tried changing soaps, and settings, but nothing will stop this.
Any ideas about what we can do?
Thanks

A metal pan touching a white plate in the dishwasher can make a mark on the plate.
Mmm
Thanks
I'll look at that..
But we've also found marks on cuttelry..
Most confusin
touching a white plate in the dishwasher can make a mark

t8769 wrote:

I think the best suggestion would be to contact the dealer and the manufacturer. They must have had other similar complaints.
Dora

I have white Corelle dishes and I have black marks on the backs of plates and bowls. I have no idea what caused this but it was something that happened over time. If you do find out what to do to prevent it please let me know. I have an old dishwasher but it still works fine. I think it is something that happens to white dishes because I had some heavy white dishes before and some of them got black marks, too.

I have Corelle dishes and bowls (all white) and only get marks if a metal utensil touches a plate. Has your water changed? Did you get a new water heater recently? New pipes? Water softener?