Deoderant Stain on Polo Shirt?

I wore a deep purple polo shirt today during my state's continuing attempt at mimicking some tropical paradise's mugginess and blisteringly hot days. Imagine my surprise when I noticed spotty discoloration under the arms where I apply deodorant. Is there a way of removing these stains and salvaging the shirt? (The shirt is a 50% polyester/50% cotton blend.) No dyes were transferred to my skin and it has not happened to any other shirts of similar blend.
Many thanks.
The Ranger
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 19:11:23 -0700, "The Ranger"

Soak the shirt overnight in a five gallon bucket. Use enough hot water to just cover the shirt. Use 1/4 cup laundry soap and a cup of household ammonia. Lauder as usual. OxiClean might work too.