Dear Readers.......

Page 1 of 3

It has come to my attention that this newsgroup has lost its' regular subscribers since I removed the heart of it many years ago and replaced it with no one. In those days, I'm sad to say, everyone was in a slanging match, and whereas I never uttered a bad word to anyone, I withdrew my free advice and let the group exist without my daily charms and advisements. I am now, following a lengthy legal procedure, returned full time to the newsgroup and I will expect courtesy and an intelligent reasoning to your letters. Please no modern fangled remedies, these are mostly hopeless, so stick with me and follow my own direction. You'll be cleaner than ever before. I look forward to chatting later and ask if there's a live chat cleaning group dear Mr Bentos can join??
Have a sweetly courteous day
Mr F. Bentos

Sir. Is it, could it possibly be, really truly, you?
peggo

I'm always interested in hearing about the old-time remedies, formula, and traditional ways of keeping a tidy domicile. Hope the legal mess turns out fine for you. Welcome back.
"Phisherman" > I'm always interested in hearing about the old-time remedies, formula,

The legal mess is a trifle, an inconvenience. I remember you also, very keen to be noticed, always accepting of my good practices. We will get along fine - and I'm back for the foreseeable future.
Mr F. Bentos

you, but in the home, there is much to be done. Over the next few months, I will take pleasure in guiding the inexerienced to a plain of no nonsense good hygiene and respect for home surroundings. I wish you a good day.
Mr F. Bentos
Mr F. Bentos wrote:

make Marcey and her lawyers seem like a litter of kittens.
Our leader's manly amusements include advising naive little girls to spray their grout with a 1:1 mix of household bleach and water, a practice that in the UK alone accounts for 3,000 hospital admissions a year because bleach manufacturers add lye as a stabilizer.
If she avoids injury, imagine her disappointment! Unlike a safe general-purpose cleaner, bleach won't emulsify the dirty film that accumulates on grout around a tub. It will work slowly on stains, but they will come back worse because the unbuffered bleach will etch the surface. ROTFL!
Its' entertainment from the Moonshine Capital of the World, and if you come around here with responsible advisements, you'll be flamed as a wimp.
E Z Peaces wrote:

Don't start! Is it any wonder there are so few subscribers when you continually chase them off with threats of Marcia! I don't believe she has shown her face for a long time, maybe she has lost her account or changed her name! As Mr B can see if he checks on posts, it is dear old Phish that should be leader, he has remained faithful to the group for many a year, he would certainly get my vote anyway.
Mrs Bonk wrote:

Mrs. FH? Are you serious?

http://www.phishreport.net /
"E Z Peaces" >>

Let me say this once and one time only, there will be no election here and Phish is far too busy scrubbing a smear stain to be able to devote more than a few minutes here each day, so let's get on with the task in hand. Home cleaning.
Mr F. Bentos
"Mrs Bonk> Don't start!

I tend to agree with you but Marcia dies after swallowwing a horse in late September. A shame, but a stupid thing to do, as I'm sure you'll agree.
Mr F. Bentos No longer wishing everone a good day. Why should I when it allows the trolls to prosper??
"E Z Peaces"> You have been replaced and if you dare interfere, your troubles will

I was never replaced. I am the recipient of over three hundred and thirty four messages demanding tat I return to establish good order in the newsgroup. You haven't a clue, frankly. How very rude of you to even suggest what you are suggesting. It's a disgrace.
Mr F. Bentos
Mr F. Bentos wrote:

Welcome back Mr Bentos, we haven't "met" before as I found this entertaining and informative group after you left however Google has aided me in viewing a selection of your posts and I must say I am quite delighted to be able to converse with an upstanding English gentleman such as yourself . I am always ready to learn or to share any cleaning or cooking tips. ( I am a subscriber to the alt.cooking-chat group if you are interested and I am sure you would be made most welcome) All the best dear, hopefully we will be chatting again soon Regards Mrs Bonk

I appreciate your kindly words, Mrs Bonk, but let's not go over the top with the niceties. As I live alone and I am now a retired gent, I have plenty of time to devote to the newsgroup we hate to love. The cooking group seems, on the surface, to be right up my street, so I will view your recipe ideas with interest later. However, if your menu does not suit, I will have no option but to kindly ask you to leave the newsgroup and in no uncertain terms.
Mr F. Bentos
Mr F. Bentos wrote:

I, too, was forced to retire due to legal troubles in September. The inspector informed me I was riding on two rims. I'd been wondering why the pavement had been so noisy lately.

I believe you, why would I not? You will find the You and Your Rights volume, published by Reader's Digest an excellent source of reference. I have no time for those who pursue legal action as I find a smack in the mouth works just as well. Make no mistake, I'm not a violent man, but if the antagoniser is not brought to heel, then I will surely squeal.
Thursday today. Mr F. Bentos, over and out
Mr F. Bentos wrote:

I considered straightening it out with a smack in the mouth, but the inspector was a man and I deplore violence. Besides, he was duly apologetic, explaining that he would have passed me if the state weren't so strict about these things.
He helped me out for an extra $10. His friendly assistant did the mounting and he applied my sticker, again apologizing for putting me to so much trouble.
I was too inexperienced to advise the assistant to clean my rim. I seem to have remedied the problem by pounding in sticks in order to use a pump-up sprayer -- a sight that piqued the curiosity of nosy neighbors.
Mr F. Bentos wrote:

Back under your bridge Mr B!

You insolent young woman, who do you think you're addressing? I was the sole manager of this newsgroup for over eight years and I have the absolute right to continue with reestablishing it as a necessary guide to all hygiene relared topics.
Mr F. Bentos
Mr F. Bentos wrote:

From reading your other posts it's obvious you're not only a troll but you're also losing your marbles and probably in the final stages of senile dementia. What on Earth does Peggo see in you!

Even if you taught almighty God, himself, everything he knows about cleaning, your arrogance makes me snicker. A few years back, there were some posts about your peculiarities. From a historical aspect, it was interesting to hear about the advice you'd given. Until you're as willing to learn as you are to teach, your posts can't be taken seriously.
Just how valuable can someone, who claims to be "the heart" of a newsgroup, with the power to remove that heart at will? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are regulars here. The newsgroup has survived without you--and it will survive without you and me.
I see that you still have some fans here, and that is fine with me; but you'll have my respect only when you've earned it. Arrogance, has put you off to a bad start. You "expect courtesy" well, I hope you brought some with you.
Your aversion to "modern fangled remedies" tells me a lot about you: primarily, you're not interested in learning. You may not have heard, but we've discovered how to unlock most stains and how to use enzymatic cleaners, etc. More and more carpet manufacturers void their warranties, if "modern fangled remedies" aren't used to maintain their products.
For the record, most people who come here do find the answers they need. There are some wise and experienced people in this group. And even if we have to go search for an answer, we return with some modesty, dignity and a willingness to learn from "modern fangled remedies."
You know, you could have walked in and introduced yourself, minus the arrogance, and have been welcomed by past fans, and greeted by others who happened to be interested in learning from you. Instead, you did it your way.
________________________ Whatever it takes.