dead animal cleanup

We've purchased a repo home where the previous owners had left animals in the home when they left. The animals starved to death in addition to doing a good deal of damage. So far we've washed everything down and removed the carpet. The intense odor remains. What are the options here? Is this a do it yourself project or call the pro's time? Do these "urinegone" type sprays do anything? What about sealing in the plywood flooring with something like polyurethane? Total removal of the flooring and replacing it? Do the ozone generators I've heard about work? Longterm?
All help is appreciated.

could possibly save you money in the long run, without having to rip up the floor, etc. There are cleaning companies who specialize in bio-hazard cleaning. I don't know what they use, but I would imagine it is not available to the average consumer. They clean up after instances such as this, dead animals, as well as crime scenes, etc. hth, lucy
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm SO-O-O sure your local animal rights activists would like to know more about the case. I would sue the bastards and make them pay for professional clean-up. Can't get much from a guy that defaulted on his mortgage, but this kind of behavior should not go unpunished.
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.equity-loan.info Your home, its financing and everything about it no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.cleaning - 626 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##