Coffee stains in carpet

I had a professional carpet cleaning co out to do all the carpetting. Thought they for sure get these stains out. They didnt. He used a water/chemical/vaccuum system. Is there a good product i can get at the store to remove these coffee stains -- they are about 6 months old and run about 4 feet in length??
Thanks, Dave

Strange. I have always been able to remove old coffee stains without a problem. If worse comes to worse, you can try some Clorox solution. I know it sounds extreme, but the carpeting that I have is colorfast even with chlorine bleach. You can mix about a cup of bleach with quart of water blot the area or put some in a spray bottle and mist the stains, then gently rub with a dry cloth. Make sure to test an inconspicuous spot first, like in a closet, to make sure the carpet won't be ruined.
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:24:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (HVAC IsFun) wrote:

Use an oxygen-based cleaner mixed with hot water. There are several brands available. To be on the safe side, test a carpet area inside a closet first. You may need to repeat the procedure 2 or 3 times, but it will remove the coffee stain. Use a fan to dry the carpet after the treatment to avoid mold/mildew.

Coffee, tea, and tomato sauce stains are a few that OxiClean works particularly well on. The solution needs to be hot.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."
Thanks much for all the advice. Ill try some oxyclean since i have some around here somewhere.....
If you find something that works---PLEASE let me know---I've tried EVERYTHING!!
Sijka

Again this is similar to a juice stain and there's an example of stain removal on a carpet on: www.DrClean.co.uk/surgery_stains/Stains_Carpets_Howto1.asp follow this and the stain should come out.
--
DrClean