Coco Lopez question?

I just bought a can of Coco Lopez to make pina coladas, and it's sort of separated, weird looking and globby. Is this normal? Never bought the stuff! It looks totally gross. I'm wondering if the can is bad?
ConnetiCat wrote:

Congratulations!
I'll bet it looks like shredded coconut.

Normally, food questions aren't posted at ahc.

I misunderstood when you said you bought it.
It looks totally gross. I'm wondering if the can is bad?
If you think the can might be bad, why not pour the contents into a jar?

It's possibly globs of coconut oil.
In college, I used to make Minute Maid lemonade, from crystals, and add ethanol. The lemon oil would precipitate out and float to the top. It was an awesome drink.
That was 20 years before Mike's Hard Lemonade showed up.
________________________ Whatever it takes.
: ConnetiCat wrote: : > I just bought a can of Coco Lopez to make pina coladas, : : Congratulations! : : > and it's sort : > of separated, weird looking and globby. : : I'll bet it looks like shredded coconut. : : > Is this normal? : : Normally, food questions aren't posted at ahc. : : > Never bought : > the stuff! : : I misunderstood when you said you bought it. : : It looks totally gross. I'm wondering if the can is bad? : : If you think the can might be bad, why not pour the contents into a jar?
Do the instructions/directions say to shake well?