Clothes smell after a couple of weeks

After searching through the newsgroups, I haven't found anything on this problem so I am hoping someone here may be able to help.

I have lived in my townhouse for nine years with no smells developing in any closets. In the last six months, I started to notice that any clothes, in drawers or hanging for a couple of weeks, take on kind of an "old" smell. I am having trouble finding the correct words to describe the smell but it definitely is *not* musty (this is not a moisture problem, no mold or anything like that). Prior to this there was no smell at all. After washing the clothes and sheets, they smell fresh but if I don't use them within a couple of weeks, I have to wash them again to get rid of the smell.

Many thanks for any ideas.

Pat .............................................. email me : istuff at telus dot net

Reply to
Pat L

You did so well I thought it should be cross posted to alt.home.cleaning! (where Pat L meant to send the original post)

Reply to
Melvalena