Cleaning Wood Cabinets?

My kitchen cabinets are made of dark pine. I have used a mixture of 1/2 mineral spirits,and 1/2 linseed oil to clean and polish them. This works fine,except for the smell. I have to have doors and windows open for ventilation. Can anyone recommend a substitute cleaner. Thanks

Reply to
Herb

What you are already using is an excellent choice. The linseed oil conditions and protects the wood. Water-based products are generally odorless but can be detrimental to wood. Perhaps you can set up a temporary kitchen window fan to exhaust to the outside? Dry the rags outdoors after use to prevent a spontaneous-combustion fire.

Reply to
Phisherman