Cleaning toilets

I have tried many different types of cleaners on my toilets but I still have stains where the water pools and where the water comes down from the jets. Anyone know of a product that will really remove these stains without hurting the finish?
Thanks
Steve

have
There are pumice stones that can be used to scrub the surface. If that doesn't work, you can use muratic acid.

I've also had good luck making a paste of Barkeeper's Friend and spreading it over the stained areas, allowing it to sit for several hours. I finish by scrubbing with the white grade of Scotchbrite pad which is easy on the porcelain. I've never had luck with the pumice stones.
--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Where would I find barkeeper's friend?

I find it in the supermarket where other powdered cleansers are stocked. If not on that shelf, then perhaps in a "special" cleaning section where the metal polishes are stocked. If you cannot find it in a store, there are many online sources for it.
Wayne

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Steve Arndt wrote:

Also consider "ZUD" or any other product containing oxalic acid. Pure oxalic acid crystals is available in home improvement stores as wood bleach. 1 Tablespoon oxalic acid to 1 cup of hot water is recommended for removing rust spots from fabric---be certain to rinse it out of fabric well to avoid damage. It should work for other rust stains as well.
-=Art drartieatattd0tnet
This worked great. And I also used towlet bowl cleaner with bleach to start the process.
Thanks for the help.
Steve

You're very welcome! Glad it worked for you.