Cleaning toilets

I have tried many different types of cleaners on my toilets but I still have stains where the water pools and where the water comes down from the jets. Anyone know of a product that will really remove these stains without hurting the finish?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Arndt

There are pumice stones that can be used to scrub the surface. If that doesn't work, you can use muratic acid.

Reply to
Vox Humana

"Vox Humana" wrote in news:q_7Bc.129231$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

I've also had good luck making a paste of Barkeeper's Friend and spreading it over the stained areas, allowing it to sit for several hours. I finish by scrubbing with the white grade of Scotchbrite pad which is easy on the porcelain. I've never had luck with the pumice stones.

Reply to
Wayne

Reply to
Steve Arndt

I find it in the supermarket where other powdered cleansers are stocked. If not on that shelf, then perhaps in a "special" cleaning section where the metal polishes are stocked. If you cannot find it in a store, there are many online sources for it.

Wayne

"Steve Arndt" wrote in news:b%NCc.94088$Hg2.70316@attbi_s04:

Reply to
Wayne

Also consider "ZUD" or any other product containing oxalic acid. Pure oxalic acid crystals is available in home improvement stores as wood bleach. 1 Tablespoon oxalic acid to 1 cup of hot water is recommended for removing rust spots from fabric---be certain to rinse it out of fabric well to avoid damage. It should work for other rust stains as well.

-=Art drartieatattd0tnet

Reply to
Arthur

This worked great. And I also used towlet bowl cleaner with bleach to start the process.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Arndt

"Steve Arndt" wrote in news:GB1Ec.107864$2i5.20748@attbi_s52:

You're very welcome! Glad it worked for you.

Reply to
Wayne