Cleaning the 5-gallon water bottle

I wonder how people clean the 5-gallon water bottle? I have one that started to have green mildew inside the shoulder portion...
--
Donglok Kim

On Wed 20 Jul 2005 09:29:55p, dlkim wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Fill the bottle with a warm, mild bleach solution with a few drops of dish detergent. Allow to stand for at last an hour or more. Drain out most of the water, then shake the remaining water around in the bottle. Rinse several times thoroughly.
--
Wayne Boatwright **