Cleaning Small Blotches on Linoleum

Page 1 of 2

We have small blotches on/in the kitchen linoleum floor that don't come clean. They appear to be in the linoleum rather than just on top of it. They look like mold or fungus -- dark colored. House is on a concrete slab. Thanks.
Neil wrote:

Have you thought about a tiled floor?

Cleaning instructions only, please.
Neil wrote:

become discoloured over the years, perhaps it should be sealed. Several other contributors have said mop and bucket, various types of mops have been suggested, others like steam. Mine are Italian.

Cleaning instructions FOR LINOLEUM !!!!! ONLY !!!!!! , please !!!!! User Groups Rule #1 - STAY ON TOPIC
Neil wrote:

They DO say breathing into a paper bag helps.

Piss off, Neil.
peggo

Looks like he already is. Soooo, how would you clean piss off of linoleum, anyway?
Nan

I wouldn't. I'd lay tile. How you doin, Nan?
peggo

I'm doin great, how are you?
Nan
Nan wrote:

a pusillanimous means of mocking the name of Marcia Pease, who may well be the most respected Director of Disciplinary Action on the USENET. Rather than be baited, I'm sure Marcey has turned the matter over to the Board.
On Sat, 26 May 2007 17:54:22 -0400, Denominator

Bite Me.
Nan

Very fine, thanks.
peggo

That's good to hear. How do you think Mr. B has been doing?
Nan

I'm betting he's busy spreading sawdust on his carpet. Probably wearing a pair of Mother's old knickers on his head.
peggo I miss him so.

Perhaps Neil can summon him back for us!
Nan
Neil wrote:

of old-fashioned linoleum. I once tried sealing it, but in time the sealer darkened in streaks.
Without sealer, my linoleum develops dark spots that I haven't been able to remove.
Denominator wrote:

I have nothing to apologise for, so please don't do so on my behalf.

Have you thought about a tiled floor?

Right on, Mrs Bonk. I love my tiled floors.
peggo