cleaning needles

My sewing needles bind in fabric because they have rust spots. I am told I can remove the rust. How?

Reply to
Choreboy

You've got to be joking. Buy yourself some new needles.

Reply to
Bonnie

Soak overnight in a strong tea solution, rinse, dry and remove last traces by sewing a thick paper towel.

Reply to
Dawn

Reply to
Choreboy

How can I remember not to drink it?

Reply to
Choreboy

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Choreboy

oops!

Reply to
Dawn

My fault. I should have put up a troll alert.

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

how?

Reply to
Sweep

dont worry Dawn, I ruined my stew pan today. It was a pain to clean so good riddance to it.

Reply to
Sweep

Did you burn it?

Reply to
Dawn

no. I used it to empty water from my fish tank and put the fish into another tank. the water was green/dirty so i put this sodium percarbonate/sodium carbonate mix into the pan with hot water to disinfect. then i found some cups and spoons stained so i put them in. next day the pan was black in places the cups rested on. the pan has to be wire wooled every use its aluminium and it would take forever with black stains so i dumped it.

Reply to
Sweep

The rust spots on my needles were too small to notice. Now they're completely corroded.

I used only a little water to make the tea strong. When it boiled I put a bag in and turned the burner down. When I checked in five minutes, somebody had turned the burner to high. The pan's coating had blistered.

Reply to
Choreboy

You use your STEW pan to aid in cleaning a fish tank ! Sweep, I am horrified at you. To waste your pan because you are too lazy to give it a thorough cleaning is disgusting. If I could I would be at your house with my trusty Brillo and clean it up then pass it on to a charity shop for the needy. All very well dumping the pan in summer but I think you'll regret your actions when winter comes around again and your mind turns to scrag and dumplings but you find nothing to cook it in.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Cheap needles will always be found out in the end. Dawn did you a big favour. They would never have been any good.

Cheap pans! I wonder who that "someone" could be? You can't blame Gary this time!

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Does he have an alibi?

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

Well Mrs. B. I am quite frankly under the impression that this "Choreboy" is putting us on...

One can only imagine if this were the days of crank gramaphones when one had to change gramaphone needles continually - she would be in a constant state of eroded needle uproar!

Reply to
Gregory Morrow

I clean needles with the little emery bag attached to the tomato pin cushion.

It's super fine sand and cleans off the yukkies.

Joan

Reply to
jes

Where did you get your little emery bag? Dawn's going to feel even worse about her bad advice!

Reply to
Choreboy