cleaning microfiber

I tried to post this yesterday and it didn't come through. I'll try again:
I have some beige microfiber dining room chairs. A small amount of soot drifted onto a couple chairs from outside and I don't know how to clean it. Any suggestions are appreciated.
TIA, Bonnie in OK
bonniejean wrote:

I can see your post today dear. I wonder if Dr Clean has anything on his site about soot? If it was on clothes then a good rub in the wash tub would work but if the fabric is not removeable then I don't know, maybe sponging? I recovered my dining room chairs once - they looked rather smart I must say.