Cleaning/maintaining wood table

I "inherited" a 25 year old wood dining table but not sure how to clean/maintain it. I'm not sure of how the table was finished but the wood is not "shiney" and I can feel the grain.
I'd appreciate any assistance.

clean/maintain it.

"shiney" and I

I have old (really old) wood furniture and was told by an old wood expert ( author of the "Hawaiian Furniture" book) , to not use anything like Pledge etc. which contains silicones because those silicones get into the actual grain of the wood, but to use a hard wax like carnauba. At an antique gathering recently, I was chatting with a guy and we were talking about wax for his old wood furniture and he says he actually gets his hard carnauba-type wax at an automotive store. He found one made by Johnson & Johnson.
Just use the really hard wax. Put it on a small part of the table using a soft cloth, and polish it off with another soft cloth. You can see how the wood loves it. Good luck. with aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff