Cleaning iron sole plate

Hush hush, Sweet Charlotte. Your ds may be trying to have you certified so he can inherit the plantation.

When you said "dress uniform" I assume you meant a military uniform and not something for a transvestite.

The military experimented with cotton khaki in the 1940s, but a starched cotton shirt was never a military dress shirt. They kept them around a few years for nostalgia, just as civilians kept their faded jeans.

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

Yes, his military dress shirt is cotton. Although I should have specified a poly/cotton blend.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

About 1955, the Army followed the example of the Marines and went to a woolen dress shirt. In the 1970s the Navy and Coastal Guard went to cotton/poly dress shirts, but they know better than to starch them.

In the Army and Air Force, ladies wear cotton/poly dress shirts. Apparently your ds's sergeant has him doing her laundry. When she finds starch in her poly blouses, I don't think she'll give him her laundry again.

Reply to
Barbecue Bob