cleaning iron faceplates

Is there a special way of cleaning the faceplates on irons? Mine is all gooey from ironing stabilizers and I can't get it clean with soap/water and am afraid to use an abrasive.

Reply to
Boca Jan

use Softscrub...that may work!! Then iron on a piece of wax paper to make it "slick" again.

Sijka

Reply to
sijka

"Boca Jan" wrote in news:gVaKc.21$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

The creamy cleaners formulated for ceramic-glass cooktops should work perfectly with no scratching. They are formulated to remove the worst types of soil, yet will polish glass. They also contain a polymer or something which leaves the glass "slicker". Your iron should glide after that.

Reply to
Wayne

Rowenta makes a sole plate cleaning kit. Katharina

Reply to
Katharina

Ironing stabilizers? Haven't you ever watched a tournament? Using an iron is called driving, not ironing. The stabilizers are called tees. If you keep your tees in the same pocket with your candy, that could be the source of the problem.

Take your club to an aviary. The bees will remove every trace of candy.

Reply to
Homer Brewer

Now why didn't I think of that.

Reply to
Boca Jan

Aviary? Somebody should tell Homer about the birds and bees!

Reply to
Nancy Gates

Nancy Gates wrote: (Snip)

'Apiary', perhaps?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I wouldn't take my club to an apiary unless the chimps were trained not to monkey around with irons.

Reply to
Homer Brewer