cleaning iron faceplates

Is there a special way of cleaning the faceplates on irons? Mine is all gooey from ironing stabilizers and I can't get it clean with soap/water and am afraid to use an abrasive.
use Softscrub...that may work!! Then iron on a piece of wax paper to make it "slick" again.
Sijka

The creamy cleaners formulated for ceramic-glass cooktops should work perfectly with no scratching. They are formulated to remove the worst types of soil, yet will polish glass. They also contain a polymer or something which leaves the glass "slicker". Your iron should glide after that.
--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Rowenta makes a sole plate cleaning kit. Katharina

iron is called driving, not ironing. The stabilizers are called tees. If you keep your tees in the same pocket with your candy, that could be the source of the problem.
Take your club to an aviary. The bees will remove every trace of candy.
Now why didn't I think of that.

Nan (NOT the notorious TROLL!)

Nancy Gates wrote: (Snip)

'Apiary', perhaps?
--Winston

I wouldn't take my club to an apiary unless the chimps were trained not to monkey around with irons.