Cleaning Gas Grills

What's the best solution for cleaning grills and gill plates in gas grills without using lots of elbow grease?
Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve
I have this metal pan used with joint compound for taping drywall.
I fill it about 1/2 way up with water and fire up the grill on high.
Let the water boil for about 10 minutes, so that steam is coming out all around the grill.
Shut it down, tip over the water with a long handled something (I usually do this through the rotisserie hole with the lid closed. Wait about 5 minutes then hose the whole thing down with hard spray nozzle on the garden hose. It usually comes cleaner than a whistle! The few particles that remain can be wiped off with a wet rag.
TTUL Gary
Interesting - I'll try it.
Steve