Cleaning exterior siding?

I have shake type siding which is made of Masonite. Over the years,it has deteriorated to the extent that power washing will blast it off the house. It's on te north side,and gets little sun,so mildew is present. Is there a gentle spray that I can use,and just apply and hose down to clean it?

Reply to
Herb

I clean my aluminum siding with a mixture of chlorox and TSP. I put it in a buck and use a brush on an extension pole. I use the garden hose to rinse. Start at the bottom and work upward.

Reply to
Vox Humana

In a garden sprayer mix 3/4 c. TSP, 1/2 c. household bleach to 1 gallon warm water. Thoroughly dissolve the TSP by stirring several minutes before adding the bleach. Spray on and brush with an extension pole connection. Rinse. You can use JoMax instead of the TSP, although this product is more $. Wear old clothing and safety gear.

Reply to
Phisherman