Cleaning dryer vent

I have a stack dryer installed in my apartment vented outside through the soffits. What kind of company would clean the vent, blow it out or some such thing. I'm concerned that there is lint building up to a fire hazard.

thanks

Reply to
Bliss

I'd call the landlord.

Reply to
Vox Humana

The suggestion to call your landlord is a good one. Also, if your flex-tube behind the dryer is removable, you can take that part off and clean it out.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

If the landlord isn't helpful, you can get a dryer vent brush for under $20 and clean it yourself. You can get one here:

Vox Humana

I clean my dryer vent twice a year using a garden hose with a wad of rags tightly fastened on the end. This is driven into the exhaust with a twisting action loosens caked lint buildup. Very effective, easy, no special tools, no water used. Cleaning the exhaust improves drying efficiency and prevents fire.

Reply to
Phisherman

If it's convenient for YOU to pull the unit out far enough to detach the vent hose from the wall hole-you can blow air-using a good air compressor- and that should clean it out. Also clean out the hose between the unit and wall.

Otherwise call an appliance repair place--they might have another suggestion!

Sijka

Reply to
sijka

I'd call the landlord. Period.