cleaning drain

Can someone suggest the proportions of vinegar and baking soda to use for cleaning your sink drains. Patt.

Reply to
Patt

About 1:1

Reply to
Phisherman

Being a plumber's daughter, here is a suggestion that has worked for me in my double sink in the kitchen.

1-fill one side up with hot water-the hottest that comes from your faucet (and have on hand something to undo the plug) 2-fill the other side with the coldest water you can get from your faucet.
  1. Release them both at the same time.

Now don't ask me the logic behind this--but it does work.

If I've ever had a stubborn stain (and don't tell my dad about this)--I buy the canned air drain cleaner. I understand that if something is lodged in the pipe-it could make the situation worse. But it's been OK so far!!

Sijka

Reply to
sijka