Cleaning dark wood cabinets?

I have dark pine kitchen cabinets which get greasy and sticky over time. Is there a product that will be fairly easy to use? I had used a 50/50 mixture of mineral spirits and linseed oil,which brought out the beauty of the wood while protecting the finish. I have a breathing problem,and the odor of this mixture bothers me. I need full ventilation. Thanks

Reply to
Herb

Your mix of mineral spirits and linseed oil is one of the best. It removes stubborn grease, protects the wood, inexpensive, and safe for most finishes. You may want to see if you can get deodorized mineral spirits or get someone else to clean the cabinets for you. A large exhaust window fan does wonders. Dispose the rags properly.

Oil soaps can be used, but keep in mind that water-based cleaners may raise the wood grain and could cause cabinet doors to warp.

Reply to
Phisherman