Cleaning cds

I bought a cd cleaning kit a long time ago and the cleaning solution is all gone. I wonder what other people use to clean fingerprints off cds. Do you buy a commercial solution or use something found around the house?

Reply to
Dottie

We use unscented baby wipes.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Personally I always wash them with a small amount of liquid soap in luke warm water, and dry them with a soft cotton cloth. As far as CD's and DVD's are concerned I fail to see why people should pay money for 'special cleaning kits'.

Alex

Reply to
JAT

A cleaning solution must not be abrasive, leave a residue, or react with the polycarbonate even over a period of years. Most people consider water, alcohol, and dilute dishwashing detergent safe.

A microfiber cloth is good. It can be used dry, moistened with water, moistened with alcohol, or with a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent in a bowl of water. Wipe radially to avoid making circular scratches or smudges.

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

"JAT" wrote in news:44bd26a2$0$22106$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net:

that is exactly what we do. i keep a spray bottle in the kitchen that is about a 10% liquid soap mix. spray on/rinse in warm running water and dry with a microfiber kitchen cloth. viola!

the special cleaning kits are probably... 10% soap with a 200% markup. ;)

Reply to
Debra Keith