Cleaning cds

I bought a cd cleaning kit a long time ago and the cleaning solution is all gone. I wonder what other people use to clean fingerprints off cds. Do you buy a commercial solution or use something found around the house?

We use unscented baby wipes.
Nan

Personally I always wash them with a small amount of liquid soap in luke warm water, and dry them with a soft cotton cloth. As far as CD's and DVD's are concerned I fail to see why people should pay money for 'special cleaning kits'.
Alex

that is exactly what we do. i keep a spray bottle in the kitchen that is about a 10% liquid soap mix. spray on/rinse in warm running water and dry with a microfiber kitchen cloth. viola!
the special cleaning kits are probably... 10% soap with a 200% markup. ;)
--
Debbie Keith
2002 Daytona

A cleaning solution must not be abrasive, leave a residue, or react with the polycarbonate even over a period of years. Most people consider water, alcohol, and dilute dishwashing detergent safe.
A microfiber cloth is good. It can be used dry, moistened with water, moistened with alcohol, or with a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent in a bowl of water. Wipe radially to avoid making circular scratches or smudges.
--
Barbecue Bob Serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants