cleaning black spots from floor??

I know this has been asked before, but what's the best and safest way for cleaning black spots from hardwood floors? Without damaging the finish on the the wood.

is that from a spill or is it a mold?
<< is that from a spill or is it a mold? >> ____Reply Separator_____ I'm sorry, I should have mentioned, they're probably heel marks.
On 01 Dec 2003 12:37:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

cleaner?
<< neat washing up liquid or neat wood floor cleaner >> ____Reply Separator_____ Available in the states? Is this the same company that makes neat's-oot oil, the same stuff we conditioned our baseball gloves with a long time ago?
On 01 Dec 2003 22:34:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

I have never SEEN a baseball glove! and I can't work out if you're teasing me. :)
<< I have never SEEN a baseball glove! and I can't work out if you're teasing me. :) >>
____Reply Separator_____
neat's-foot oil A pale yellow, fatty oil produced by boiling the feet and shin bones of cattle, horses, sheep, and pigs, and skimming the oil from the surface of the water. Like all natural fats, neat's-foot oil is a mixture of substances, many of which deposit on cooling. "Cold-tested" neat's-foot oil is a material that has been held at the freezing point for a period of time and then filtered. Neat's-foot oil is used in the preparation of some leather dressings, and in the fatliquoring of leather.
On 02 Dec 2003 14:02:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

That's neat!
<< WOW That's neat! >> ____Reply Separator_____ I take it this is not what you suggest I use on the floor.
On 02 Dec 2003 18:23:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

2 a : free from admixture or dilution : STRAIGHT <neat brandy>

and I wonder if it's a coincidence that the dictionary says neat brandy cause that's what I've been drinking at the pub tonight!
(TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Where did you find such a neat reply separator? Does it come in Blue?:)
Franklyn,
http://woodfloorist.com/catalog.html
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in message

I have been in the wood floor business for over 30 years. Water and a little rubbing often works wonders. Rubbing alcohol also can work well. Acetone is another possibility. The problem is not knowing what the finish is on your floor. You need to test the compatibility with the cleaner in a closet or corner before using it in a high visibility area.
Franklyn
http://woodfloorist.com