cleaning a yard

Hi all,
This may be off topic, but this is by far the "smartest" NG around.
My yard smells. It is heavy clay and when it rains, it holds moisture and turns green with either algae or mold. (I have had 2 loads of top soil brought in, tilled it and amended it per the dept. of agriculture. It is still clay.) My question is what can I put on it to neutralize the smell? I am getting ready to deck the remaining yard in so I don't care if it kills the grass, (what little there is). I also have 2 dogs and the smell of urine stays forever. Baking soda doesn't work and I have actually tried Febreeze. It's just a rank smell.
Thanks!
Suzi

Have you tried alt.home.repair or rec.gardens ?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

and
is
smell?
kills
or try alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:26:03 -0400, "The Data Rat"

You could add lime to the soil, but I would not do this unless the pH is under 7. Test kits are available in garden centers. Also consider removing a tree to allow more sunlight.