cleaning a lamp shade

What is the best way to clean a table lamp shade. Frank
On 03/05/2013 20:48, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

This would depend on what material it is made from. I would always advise unplugging any electrical appliance before cleaning. I think you'll find this group, like many Usenet groups, to be quite dead.
Mrs Bonk wrote:

Get it dry-cleaned?
Steam cleaned?

You don't need to unplug a lamp shade.

This one is.
An alternative place to post this question (alt.home.repair) is quite active.