Ciggarette Smoke on walls

I had a relative pass away a few months back and we are sattled will cleaning his travel trailer, Which he lived in. He smoked, A LOT! I would say never went outside. Anyway, It would be easier to burn but the estate does not allow that. Any ideas on the best way to clean all that tar off the walls? What would be the best thing to use. Besides fire that is. Thank you

I had great success with a mild ammonia solution to clean our panelled walls when my hubby and I quit smoking. Cut right through the yellow nicotine.
Nan
try ultrapac renovate it's made by prochem

Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) or whatever variant of it is allowed by your local health/environment people to be sold to the public. Wear rubber gloves. It works very well for this kind of grime.