chewing gum!

Hello
I have sat in chewing gum and its on my favourite skirt, the skirt is made out of lycra.
Any suggestions for removing this dreadful stuff?
Please help
Emma

Put your skirt in the freezer. When tie gum is frozen, it will easily break away in pieces and off the fabric.
--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

The lycra or the gum?

Hi Emma,
Take a look on www.DrClean.co.uk/surgery_stains/stains_framepage.asp and click through to the chewing gum example. Using white spirit will probably work on its own for thos hard stuck pieces. The problem with freezing is that you may damage some of the fibres when the gum is stiff and you're manipulating it. White spirit and dry cleaning solvent will melt the gum and you can work it softly with the reverse side of a spoon.
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk