central vacuum schemes

Buying new house and considering central vacuum scheme for two story 2800 square foot house for about $3500.00 Is this reasoanble idea or should I stick with an Oreck or some other make. Opinions and recommendations requested. Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

daughter just installed a central vac system. The house was already plumped for one so it wasn't too expensive. If you house is not already plumbed there's were the expensive comes in. Only negative report I had is from a friend livng in Florida.....she said the further she got from the motor source the more the suction seems to weaken. That could be rectified with a stronger motor. Something to consider since your house is so big and 2 story to boot.

Reply to
Muvin Gruvin

I've considered putting in a central vacuum system. In the long-run, I think they are more cost effective than buying a new vacuum cleaner every few years. In addition, they are quieter, more powerful, and release no dust into your home. I think that $3500 seems a bit expensive, especially for new construction where the installation should be very quick and easy. I would get a few more estimates and/or consider installing the system yourself unless money isn't a issue.

Reply to
Vox Humana