Carpet/Tar

We have inadvertently dragged in some tar on the bottom of furniture legs. We have used AFTA, Isopropyl Alcohol and another spray on cleaning product that says it works for grease, etc. The AFTA has taken the bulk of it away but the carpet is a beige and still shows a shadow. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

hello Mike, I have no knowledge of "AFTA", perhaps you could explain for me what it is. I thought of you tonight as I perused my household tips book. I came across some suggestions for tar removal- one being lighter fuel to remove the tar another is eucalyptus oil and Brasso was a third which surprised me as I thought that would stain as bad as the original. Tar can also be softened with butter. The remaining stain should be removable with a carpet cleaner but I am also wondering if Phish might post up his oxyclean tip for cleaning stains on carpets for you. If not it's probably at Google so you could try a search.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

go to a janitorial place and buy a product made to remove tar / gum that is a citrus product.

Reply to
FH