Carpet Steam cleaner tips

I live in an apartment that has wall-to-wall carpeting in the living room and bedroom, and I have borrowed a Bissel steam cleaner to give the carpets a clean.
Does anyone have and advice or tips'n'tricks about steam cleaning carpets that wouldn't be obvious from reading and the owner's manual?
Thanks Jim Helfer

You may be surprised how much soap and filthy water are picked up using multiple rinses. Keep rinsing until the water looks clean. Have a spare pair (or two) of socks ready. Run fans over the carpet when you are done.
says...

and some throw down their pens once they have the autograph and these get stamped on making lots more mess.

Maybe Phish got turned down for the autograph and is out for revenge

They aren't really "fans" per se. More like minions.
Jim

You might want to add some white vinegar to the rinse water - helps get the soap residue out of the carpet - which means it will stay clean longer.
Dorothy

room
carpets
The hotter the water the better. I usually bring some to almost boiling point on the stove and pour it into the resevoir container. You don't want it too hot or it might crack the container and hoses.

carpets

I started on this the other day. Turned out that the last person to use the machine lost the drain plug on the dirty water return, so I was happily dumping the dirty water back onto the carpet.
Oh well, no I have to invent a drain plug.
Jim H

If you are going to buy a cleaner buy a Hover it is a much better machine...I have one and it works just great I couldn't believe how dirty our carpets really where........

want
the