Carpet stain remover made it go white...

Come on you carpet cleaners, sort me out with this one.

*Stain one: I spilt milk on my light blue carpet. I put Carpet 1001 on it and the white stain remained.

*Stain two: My girlfriend spilt 2 mugs of tea all over our light beige carpet. There was a dark stain so I tried Carpet 1001 on it (I'm a slow learner) & now that stain has gone noticeably white too.

I now realise that it is probably the carpet cleaner that is the problem.

The white isn't bad bad bad, but we'd like to fix it if we can (it's the landlord's flat). So what to do? Chuck more tea on the beige one to make it go dark again? Or how do I slowly and carefully make bits of a carpet more blue?

All help gratefully received!

Reply to
Romios

== Is the carpet wool? If so, you might be able to match the color with fabric dye and carefully "paint" it on. This will probably not work on synthetic fibers. == ==

Reply to
gini52

Use a weak (20%) solution of water and hosehold ammonia. Add using a dropper or spoon and then tamp in (hit the stain treatment with a soft brush to get it into the stain).

Then flush and remove with a wet-and-dry cleaner

Use acetic acid added neat to the stain (white vinegar may substitute). Use the same methiod as above.

Hope this helps

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean