Carpet Shampooer?

Does anyone know of a home carpet shampooer that does a good job?
And another question, while I'm on this subject: I dropped the pencil sharpener in my study, and the lead shavings paid a really bad mess. I have vacuumed it three times, but now I'm ready to spot treat it. Anybody know of what to use for pencil lead?
Thanks--- Donna
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:07:31 -0500, "Donna in Texas"
I'm not sure one exists.If there is much carpet in your future, I recommend investing in a small, one-piece professional extractor. Definitely one of my better investments!

Pencil "lead" is a mixture of graphite and clay.
I think any good detergent will work, but a petroleum based solvent might be necessary. You can experiment on a disposable piece of cloth.
________________________ Experience is something you don't get--until just after you need it.