CARPET CLEANING MACHINES FOR HOME USE

Hi,
We always had our white carpets cleaned by a steam cleaning or hot water machine, which temporarily cleaned the rugs, by a professional. All the dirty marks shortly resurfaced . The rugs also had a dead flat appearance and were wet for days.
Last spring we discovered some company that used a dry cleaning process. He spread some kind of brown compound, made from corn cobbs on the rugs and later vacuumed it up with some kind of upright vacuum. This process was excellent and rugs looked a lot better then then the previous method.
Is there a company manufacturing rug dry cleaning machines for the home market that one can purchase at a reasonable price? I would do the the rugs three times a year then.
Kindly advise by posting only.
Roger

There is a dry carpet cleaner called "Capture." It doesn't require a special machine. You can read about it here: http://www.captureclean.com/capture
Do a Google search for more information and a Froogle search to get prices and availability.
bigrog snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.comWROTE: Hi, We always had our white carpets cleaned by a steam cleaning or hot water machine, which temporarily cleaned the rugs, by a professional. All the dirty marks shortly resurfaced . The rugs also had a dead flat appearance and were wet for days. Last spring we discovered some company that used a dry cleaning process. He spread some kind of brown compound, made from corn cobbs on the rugs and later vacuumed it up with some kind of upright vacuum. This process was excellent and rugs looked a lot better then then the previous method. Is there a company manufacturing rug dry cleaning machines for the home market that one can purchase at a reasonable price? I would do the the rugs three times a year then. Kindly advise by posting only. Roger ------------------------------------------------------ RESPONSE: Those carpet machines leave a soap film behind that attracts dirt fast even when pros use them. I was told to give the carpets a final rinse using hot water with white vinegar mixed in.