carpet cleaner - buying decision advice please

The carpet in our hallway and stairs needs cleaning.

I've read plenty bad about the carpet cleaning services who come out to your home and reckon that the ones for hire will probably be worse in inexpert hands.

The large and expensive carpet cleaners seem too unwieldy to be used on a staircase but would the ones which work via a hose be as effective.

Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaning machine for me?

(I'm in the UK, btw)

Thanks folks,

Reply to
stejonda

Hmmm I do not know if Bissell is in the UK but I love the one I bought at WalMart recently. Bissell QuickSteamer -Small lightweight and works so very well. Easy to manipulate too. Mine cost about $86 but if you wait, they do go on sale. I actually think of it as a fun thing because the sense of satisfaction is so great. I am looking forward to Sunday when I can do the last room in my house. C'mon Sunday! aloha Thunder

Farmers & Sellers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
Smithfarms Pure Kona

In message , Smithfarms Pure Kona writes

Bissell is indeed available in the UK so I'm going to buy a 7920 later on today. Decided that that's the best option as its hose attachment can do the stairs.

Thanks Thunder. woof!

Reply to
ignored

I would recommend the Hover It does a great job I think it is a much better machine than the Bissell...

Reply to
Don Farrow

I can tell you one to avoid. The Little Green Machines by Bissell. They are trouble!! I know. I had two of them! Never again.

Reply to
kimberlycards

In one of the Sunday supplements Bissell have a full page advert for the reconditioned 'Powerwash' cleaner. Saving £100 on new price. It has a 10ft hose They give a web page

with a link to the machine. I have no idea what they're like to use.

Reply to
Dawn