Can the Rug Doctor be used to clean... rugs?

As opposed to carpets?
The basic process must be the same, but I wonder how much trouble is caused by the fact that a rug is not fixed to the floor.
Does anyone have experience with this?
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:33:39 GMT, Jonathan Sachs

Yes, you can use a Rug Doctor on a rug. You will definitely need to anchor one end of the rug. Remember to clean the anchored end, and use a stiff brush to set the nap.
I have a small professional extractor, and use a heavy coffee table as an anchor.
_______________________________ Dirty deeds done dirt cheap; free, in some cases.

I hate rug doctors!!
I could never get one to work very well
Are you sure you just cant take the rugs to laundry mat and was them in bi front loader?